Friday, October 3, 2008

A J.Crew Wedding Dress

In my opinion, the J.Crew wedding and formal dresses are synonymous with Simple Preppy Elegance. These dresses look lovely alone, but you could always jazz it up with a great bold cardigan, or colorful layered jewelry and accessories to really make them personal and unique. And with price tags from $250-$2,000, that's a wedding steal! I really love the first dress with the pockets-it looks so comfortable and casual and at the same time sweetly sophisticated. Dressed up or dressed down, these gowns are gorgeous, so here are some of those oh so lovely, oh so coveted effortlessly chic wedding gowns from tried and true J.Crew!




5 comments:

Amanda B. Young said...

My SIL wore the second one down to her wedding and it was just STUNNING. The classic / timeless yet still simply romantic look she was going for. I think my favorites though are the first (who doesn't love pockets!?) and the fifth (the material looks amazing!) down. JCrew never disappoints!

Leigh said...

While these dresses are stunning, none of the new J.Crew wedding dresses compete with the coveted Daphne wedding dress. It's so beautiful. Too bad I missed out on it!

Caroline said...

I'm a J Crew bride! I will be wearing the discontinued Goddess gown on my wedding day next week! I bought it on eBay for $100. It was sent in the wrong size and was 6" too short, so I added two ruffles of lace to the hem. That combined with the dramatic jewelry I am going to wear will make a simple yet dramatic statement. The quality of the gown was shockingly great for the price - the dress originally retailed for $298, I believe. 100% silk, fully lined, nicely finished seams.

Kristen Nichols said...

I would love to see pictures of some J.Crew weddings, I think it would be a great series of posts! send away to info@jubilee-photography!

Amanda said...

Caroline, Do you have an pictures of you dress with the extra lace? I bought the same dress but it seems too short as well.