Friday, December 5, 2008

Holiday Inspired Decor: Pinecone




I know Maria at Ritzy Bee covered Pinecones on her brilliant A-Z list, and I couldn't resist ringing in this holiday series of posts with the precocious pinecone. Why precocious? Well, Pinecones seem to have something a little more usable and decorative for everyday life and special events, which is one reason why we love them! Pinecones come in so many shapes and sizes, they are not only an elegant, eclectic and festive way to dress up an event, but they make people smile. Especially the really cute tiny ones. I love all these ways to incorporate pinecones into your theme, whether they dominate and make that bold statement or they just sit back and compliment the scene, making the whole look a little more complete!






images courtesy of Country Living, Cottage Living, Southern Weddings, Michelle Rago, Martha Stewart

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love using pinecones for my holiday decoration, and I find them scattered around my property so they are free!

Courtney said...

GREAT post: who knew pine cones could be so pretty?!

Anonymous said...

I think the pine cone idea is a great way to decorate for a winter wedding! They add such a great taste of the season to any event!

Anonymous said...

pinecones are an incredible detail for just about anything! very versatile - great photo choices kristen!