Thursday, January 21, 2010

Home Decor : Dark Shadows

I remember a while back when my virtual friend & gifted designer Amy of ABCD Design fame did a post on black walls and it struck me as something I had never given much thought to, but really became smitten with the idea. I love the dramatic, glam goth feel of these beautiful rooms. Whether you keep it monochromatic or throw a splash of bright color, I'm loving these dark, beautiful rooms, which seem perfect for curling up for a long winters nap.

images via Living Etc, Decor Pad, Apartment Therapy, Casa Howard

5 comments:

Miss to Mrs said...

I live in a tiny house and never thought I could paint my rooms dark, but I took a chance and painted one room dark. I fell in love. Now, my whole house is getting a makeover and going dark. It's just so cozy! I love these rooms!

ABC Dragoo said...

Hi there!

Thanks a bunch for the shout out. : ) I have done many, many posts on my blog about "decorating dark" and painting it black. I am actually quite obsessed!

Thanks again for mentioning my blog.
ABC Dragoo

ABC Dragoo said...

P.S. Check out the Right Bank Girl's blog - she just moved to the deep south and is "going dark" http://www.fromtherightbank.com/

Kristen Nichols said...

Thanks Amy! as always, you are inspiration for your talents as well as your kindness and generosity!

Peace.Love. Lipgloss. said...

Iwant to climb into that bed on the bottom left-delish!